Lane: Welcome everybody to Cigar Cafe Radio. Today we are talking about the IPCPR new releases and events we plan to attend, Cigar News, Poke Stops and much more today. It will be a great show. What’s going on guys?
Harris: I’m getting excited about the IPCPR we have some great events lined up to attend at night
Sunday – Rooftop party in Old Vegas (Fremont Street) at Binion’s hosted by Garrett Calhoun and a select group of retailers. This is the unofficial kickoff party for the IPCPR. This was organized by Garrett Calhoun a few years ago. Garrett is the Southeast regional sales rep for Davidoff of Geneva.
Monday – Davidoff is hosting the Yamasa launch at its cigar bar, Diamond Crown Black launch party and the big one that night is the My Father retailer dinner at Morton’s Steakhouse an exclusive dinner for their top retailers across the country.
Tuesday – Davidoff dinner and Golden Band Awards in the Venetian Ballroom
Wednesday – Dinner at Delmonico Steakhouse with Gurkha cigars
It will be a very busy but fun week! Nothing wears me out more than this week each year.
Harris: This week CRA, CAA and IPCPR filed a lawsuit against the FDA regarding the regulation of premium cigars.
- Boveda signs deal to supply Xikar with humidity packs
- Oliva recently acquired by Belgian company J. Cortez known for making machine made cigars across Europe.
Tons of new cigar releases starting to be announced. Here are a few I’m excited about
- Davidoff Yamasa
- Montecristo Pilotico Pepe Mendez – similar to Montecristo 80th $15-$18 range nutty, leathery and sweet robust aroma
- Camacho Powerband
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust adding Umbagog cigar 10ct. bundles plus 4 other lines. Wrapper for Umbagog was to ugly to put on the Mi Queried blend and will be under $6
- Fratello Oro – Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper $7-$10 6 sizes made in the La Aurora factory Dominican Republic
- Oliva Facundo (son of Melanio Oliva) Cigar – Ecuadorian Connecticut and Sumatra wrappers will be made $5-$7 range
- Xikar XO round cutter $100 took 3 years to develop and is very unique
- Arturo Fuente Opus X 20 years Celebration cigar – lots of hype around this one!
IPCPR Lunch Seminars (NEW)
Republican National Convention
Lane: Today I am smoking the Davidoff Puro d’ Oro Magnifico, I am sad these are no longer made. The new Davidoff Yamasa is rumored to have the same wrapper as this cigar.
Harris: Smoking the Monte by Montecristo – a little spicy in a good way!
Cirque Du Solei with the wife
Craps iPhone app – practicing for Vegas!