7-2-15 Show Notes:
Welcome and Intro by Lane
Rabbitair Minus A2 air filter system works great for small spaces you want to smoke in at home. They work best for 1-2 cigar smokers in a space like a garage or office at home.
Harris is smoking the Las Calaveras LE 2015 release. It has a habano rosado wrapper, nicaraguan binder and filler.
Sean’s finally found a quality Brick and Mortar shop near his house in the Chicago area, US 30 Cigar and Tobacco. Check it out! Tell them we sent you. Sean is getting ready for his UFC fight cigar party.
Sean: What do we not like about what we have smoked lately. We always talk about what we like only. The first 1/3 of the Alec Bradley Prensado was not my favorite. It got better after this but it was tough to get over that it smelled and tasted like manure.
Discussion about how many people look for cigars like this
Lane: Winston Churchill before it was rebranded. Macanudo / Montecristo White
Harris: Doesn’t like bundle cigars. Hard to smoke these when you have tried so many better ones.
Sean: What is the best practice on letting cigars rest in your humidor after purchase? I like to let them rest for a month.
Lane: People do both personally I like to go ahead and smoke them. There’s no right way.
Cigars we tried and liked:
Sean: Alec Bradley Coyol this weekend, Alec Bradley Black Market one of my favorites
Lane: Came to Cigars & More last weekend for a few cigars and stumbled on an event called Cigar Wars. Tried Roma Craft Tobac cigars and Cabal. Both were great.
U.S. and Cuba have moved a step closer to ending the embargo.
Both are reopening their respective embassies for the first time since 1961.
Secretary of State John Kerry has a trip planned for later this summer.
There is still clear Republican opposition to easing or removing any trade embargo legislation.
Marco Rubio and John Boehner have both been vocal opponents the last day or so. Presidential candidate, Chris Christie has also chimed in, calling the move “dead wrong.”
- Biggest Cigar Trade show of the year
- Entire Cigar Industry in one place plus Pipes, Vape, Hookah etc.
Founder’s Brewery in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Awesome Beer, Great Brewery
- Stage, live open mic night
- Harris visited this week
- I tried this on my trip to Michigan
- Smoothest whiskey I have ever tasted
- From Colorado
- Tastes more like a high end scotch to me
New Cigars to Try:
- Lane – Full bodied: picked up a Cabal Short Robusto at #cigarwars over the weekend. Dark, toothy , high primer wrapper. 10/10 construction. Tight and firm. Bold flavors. Nutty, cocoa, coffee. Spicy finish.
- Lane – Medium bodied: Alec Bradley Black Market Maduro Robusto. We talked a little about this cigar when we had Alan and the guys from AB on the show, but I’m finally getting around to smoking more of their cigars. Smooth and creamy. Aged Panamanian and Honduran long filler. Sumatra binder. The blend is just fantastic.
- Las Calaveras LE 2015 – Harris